Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A tasty Torrontés from Trader Joes

It was a stifling 85 degrees when I visited my local Trader Joe's last week. As I neared the wine selection, I put my grocery list away and fixated my thoughts on chilled white wine.

I can't say what it was about the simple white label of the 2011 Alamos Torrontés that caught my eye, but the price tag might have had something to do with it. At $8.99, it seemed like a good gamble.

I unscrewed the cap of this Argentine wine last night as I started to prepare dinner. It was nice to sip on its own and it paired nicely with sautéed summer veggies.

This Argentine wine is a pale straw color in the glass with aromas of white flowers and citrus. The palate expresses lemon, lime, melon, and peach. Good acidity keeps the fresh fruit flavors balanced. The wine finishes with a clean, minerally note. It's a screw-top too!

I will definitely add a few more bottles of this wine to the fridge to have on hand for the next heat wave. Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. I just discovered this last weekend. It tastes like good Viognier smells. A very nice go-to summer white that's easy on the budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renie, thanks for your comment! I'm glad you enjoy this wine as well. Have you visited my facebook page at www.facebook.com/SipSwirlSavor? Hope you "LIKE" it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete