Saturday, January 18, 2014

My book is featured on the Traveling Wine Chick blog!

In the January 6th edition of #WIML: What's in my Library on the Traveling Wine Chick wine and travel blog, my debut novel was featured among two other wine-savvy books!

Where I Want to Be is now available on iTunes and the iBooks Store (in addition to Amazon). For additional reviews, please visit AuthorCortney.com.

Here's the review from the Traveling Wine Chick:
A friend loaned me this book and I ended up with two Kindle copies, one gifted to me and one purchased by me, so it was a sign to read this book. My friend kept telling me I had to read it because the similarities between the main character, Olivia, and me were so similar. He was right.
While this is a book about Napa Valley wine country culture and living, it’s also a book about learning to love yourself and learning to take risks in order to live a passionate, fulfilling life. Like me, Olivia had a passion for wine, but had not yet developed the confidence and self-esteem to pursue her passion until she decided to temporarily move to Napa Valley to take an intensive wine course. The wine course is not the focus of the book, but rather Olivia’s growth as a self-confident woman and wine professional. She steps out of her comfort zone many times and takes great risks to achieve her dreams and become a happier person.
I am thankful that my friend recommended this book to me, as I have embarked on the same journey and am moving to Napa Valley in less than a week. If you are someone who has been hesitant about following your passion, then this is the book for you.
Check out TravelingWineChick.com for more wine-related fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment